Breaking: The VA goofed and had to back down. The Bonner County, Idaho, Sheriff sent the Feds packing. How did the VA goof? The VA wanted another Veteran’s guns. The People said “NO!” and the Sheriff backed them. Awesome.
I’m lovin’ it! All over the place people are beginning to stand up for their rights, and for all of our rights. I would like to invite all Oath Keepers to enjoy this brief video in which two State legislators and a solid good All American Sheriff stood up for a Viet Nam Veteran when the VA notified him that they were coming to inspect his house to remove any firearms he might have there. Here are three heroes:
Idaho Rep. Heather Scott, WA Rep. Matt Shea, and Bonner County Sheriff Daryl Wheeler
Here is what I’ve gathered thus far. I will update this post as needed, as more info comes in.
The VA was going to arrive at the Veteran’s home at 1:00 pm on Thursday, August 7, 2015. They wanted to inspect him home to make sure he has no firearms. The community rose up, led by their Sheriff and some patriotic legislators, and they backed down the damned Veterans Administration, which issued a statement at around 1:30 pm saying they were calling off the house inspection. Yay!
At the rally to defend this Viet Nam Veteran were three Oath Keepers chapters from Idaho and several 111%er groups.
Enjoy this video. (Apologies for the wind noise.) My thanks to QTsheri for posting this on YouTube. As I’m posting this at national, there are only 44 hits on this video. If readers here click the little YouTube icon at bottom of the video screen, they can view it on QTsheri’s channel and help rack up some numbers. Thank you for that.
The Vet Is Not A Threat!
What a cool mantra, yes?
Also, I wish to thank NL from Idaho Oath Keepers for being there herself and for sending me boo-kuu emails with all the details.
Complete details will be added here, and any corrections needed will be edited in.
Elias Alias, editor
EDITING ADDITIONAL Links:
Sheriff Wheeler on the Oath — 1 1/2 min vid on news station: http://www.khq.com/clip/11744236/priest-river-community-stands-up-for-veteran-facing-gun-seizure
Gun-confiscation fears lead to protest in northern Idaho
“I took an oath to uphold the U.S. Constitution and uphold the laws of Idaho,” Wheeler said. “This seemed appropriate to show my support. I was going to make sure Mr. Arnold’s rights weren’t going to be breached.”
During Thursday’s demonstration, the group at times broke out in song to sing “God Bless America” and pray while waving both the American flag and the “Don’t tread on me” flag. With a population of just 1,700, Priest River is near the tip of northern Idaho— a region known for its strong tea party roots and gun-rights activism.
ASSOCIATED PRESS, LINKED FROM DRUDGE REPORT: http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_IDAHO_VETERAN_GUN_PROTEST?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2015-08-06-19-54-26
Washington Representative Matt Shea’s facebook post for August 06 2015:
RECAP OF TODAY:
1. Thank you to all of the prayer warriors out there!
2. The situation ended peacefully and John kept his guns. The VA Field Examiner did not show up today but is planning on coming there next week and we were assured will meet outside John’s house to discuss how to officially declare him competent.
3. The VSO that showed up today is helping point John in the right direction.
4. Sheriff Wheeler honored his oath and sided with the people and the Constitution.
5. Citizens from Idaho, Montana, and Washington stood together in the defiance of tyranny.
OBSERVATIONS – THE VA IS DISASTER
1. There was no follow up by the doctor for 8 months on whether he had recovered. Had this happened we likely would not have been there today.
2. The letter is a final determination by a bureaucrat, without any judge or jury. That is not due process.
3. There was no opportunity to appeal BEFORE his right to bear arms was taken away. That is guilty until proven innocent.
4. They are sending these threatening letters to many veterans (read some of the comments in posts below). How callous to put a massive amount of stress on this man who is recovering from a stroke.
5. This would have turned out different if we all had not been there.
THIS VET IS NOT A THREAT!
IF THEY TAKE THE GUNS OF ONE OF US…
THEY TAKE THE GUNS OF ALL OF US…